Deaf and Hard of Hearing Youth in Northwest Arkansas will be in for a treat on Saturday December 6, as Santa Claus comes to town! Please hurry and register before 11/29/14. Kids will take pictures with Santa, eat snacks and maybe take home some small gifts from Santa. Other Deaf & Hard of Hearing Organizations are invited to come and help volunteer. Please contact the person on the flyer for more information on how you can help. Come on out and have some fun with Santa!
D/HH Youth in the NWA area are joining together with D/HH Adults from local Deaf Agencies such as Deaf United Organization, Northwest Arkansas Association for the Deaf, Arkansas Hands & Voices and YDHAT to present Christmas Songs during the 2014 Fayetteville Lights of the Ozarks.
(See website for more info http://thelightsoftheozarks.com/)
The JOLLY SIGNERS will Sing & Sign Jingle Bells, Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Silent Night, Holy Night and We Wish You a Merry Christmas.
If your child would like to sing a solo or another Christmas song such as "All I want for Christmas, is my Two Front Teeth," I'm Gettin Nuttin for Christmas, or any other song, please let me know ASAP.
Practices for JOLLY SIGNERS will be held at the Springdale Library on Thursdays and Jones Center every Saturday from 12-1:30 pm.
Adult family and friends are welcome to participate as well.It is open for all kids and their friends.
Here are the practice dates and times:
1.Thursday, November 13, 2014 6pm-7:30 pm Springdale Library Kids Area
2. Saturday, November 15, 2014 12 pm-1:30pm Jones Center Food Court
3. Thursday, November 20, 2014 6pm-7:30 pm Springdale Library Kids Area
4. Saturday, November 22, 2014 12 pm-1:30pm Jones Center Food Court
5. Thursday, November 27, 2014 No PracticeHappy Thanksgiving
6. Saturday, November 29, 2014 12 pm-1:30pm Jones Center Food Court
7. Thursday, December 4, 2014 6pm-7:30 pm Springdale Library Kids Area
8. Saturday, December 6, 2014 12 pm-1:30pm Jones Center Food Court 9. Thursday, December 11, 2014 6pm-7:30 pm Springdale Library Kids Area (Mandatory) 10. Saturday, December 13, 2014 12 pm-1:30 pm Jones Center Food Court (Mandatory) 11. Thursday, December 18, 2014 6:30pm-7pm Lights of the Ozarks Performance (Wear Red top and Blue jeans or black pants/skirt and Santa hat) 12. Monday, December 22, 2014, 6pm-7:30 pm NWA Mall Food Court Area (Wear White top and Blue jeans or black pants/skirt and Santa hat)
Sample of ASL songs on Youtube: Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGV3rD-NX4I
JIngle Bells: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vieqZXeujPg
Silent Night, Holy Night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8fseYePClg